From Michael Rubin at NRO:
More Disgusting than Forced Confessions
Word from Iran is that the authorities have forced Neda’s father to appear on state television and say that the protestors, and not the regime, killed her.
So let’s run down the list, shall we?
– A member of the Basij shoots Neda in the heart, killing her while she stands peacefully next to her music teacher.
– The regime refuses to allow her family to conduct a public funeral
– The regime bans mourning at local mosques
– The regime prohibits Neda’s family from posting black mourning banners at their residence
– The regime then forces her family from their residence
– And now, the regime forces Neda’s father to say the protesters killed his daughter